Why on the fly? Because I had 15 minutes to eat something before I had to leave and this is what I came up with. Just got cans of tuna from Vitacost, had boiled a few eggs the other day, and had a bunch of half cut salad veggies from just life. So I literally spooned out half a can of tuna, peeled an egg, cut up some veggies really quick, threw in some vinegary oily things, and inhaled my lunch:
I have to say, it wasn’t the worst. In fact, I’d make this even if I wasn’t in a hurry. And it was really nice on the wallet too. Check out the cost breakdown:
I was wondering if the fact that I bought wild tuna would affect the cost, but since I filled it out with an egg, I was able to stretch it.
What to buy:
- wild albacore tuna
- red pepper
- baby carrots
- red onion
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
What to cut:
- red pepper – dice
- baby carrots – dice
- red onion – dice
- cucumber- dice
What to cook with:
- a pot to boil eggs
- a bowl to mix the tuna salad in
How to make it:
- Boil eggs. Or always have boiled eggs in the house.
- Scoop in half a can of tuna into the bowl and break it up.
- Chop the veggies and throw them in the bowl.
- Peel the egg and throw it in the bowl. Break up the egg like you broke up the tuna.
- Splash on some balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and some olive oil. Mix it up to see if you need to add more or it’s good to go.
- Spice it with whatever you want.
- Eat it!