I’m just going to let the picture speak for itself in this case:
I took the recipe from this Paleo recipe blog and actually followed it pretty close to the letter, except I doubled the batch. (Also don’t pour hot coconut oil down a plastic bag. Learned that lesson the hard way.)
They turned out seriously amazing and I have snacked on them just like this, mixed them with almonds, and put them on top of bananas and almond butter. Check out the cost breakdown.
I considered one serving half a cup, but I don’t think I was eating half a cup in one sitting. Also, coconut flakes are way cheaper than I thought they were. I used Bob’s Red Mill coconut flakes and used maybe half the bag to get two cups worth.
What to buy:
- coconut flakes – 2 cups
- coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- nutmeg – 1/2 a teaspoon
- all spice – 1/2 a teaspoon
- sea salt – 1/4 a teaspoon
What to cook with:
- baking pan
- parchment paper
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put two cups of coconut flakes in a bag or bowl.
- Put in the spices and mix around.
- Melt the coconut oil. Pour into the coconut flakes mix and stir around.
- Put the parchment paper on the banking pan. Spread around the coconut flakes on the pan.
- Bake for like 5 minutes.
- Munch away!