January 12, 2017

Need an accountant?

I'm not an accountant and can't do your taxes, but don't worry, I got some people for you 🙂

Tax planning is an integral part of a good financial plan, and I can advise on many tax situations, like:

∞ which expenses you can deduct as a self employed person in your particular industry

∞ which business structure makes the most sense for you tax-wise, based on your income, industry, and goals

∞ how to properly separate your business and personal expenses

∞ how to track your business expenses so tax time is breeze

∞ how to plan for estimated tax payments

∞ how to use IRA contributions as a strategy to reduce your tax liability

∞ how to determine the tax consequences of selling investments and stock options

man saying "Y'all got anymore of them deductions?"

What I CAN'T do is actually do your tax returns, run payroll, or do bookkeeping for you.

Instead, I work closely with some awesome accountants who are able to work with clients across the country.

The best part about them all is that they not only help you with your taxes, but will actually take the time to explain what the heck they did.

No more one word email responses and grunt-y phone calls.

Below are the accountants I recommend you reach out to:

(they can all work with clients across the country so just find someone that's a good fit for you!)

Treehouse Taxes (based in NYC)
Reach out if you also need help learning how to set up bookkeeping

Email: info@treehousetaxes.xyz
Phone: 929-359-2873
Website: https://www.treehousetaxes.xyz/

Inspired Vision Accounting (based in NJ)
reach out if you need full service bookkeeping/payroll/taxes
Robert Colon, EA, CFP®, CWS®, CRPC®
Email: robert@inspiredvision.tax
Phone: 201-537-5373
Website: https://inspiredvision.tax/

McCarthy Tax Preparation (based in OH) **taking clients after April 2020**
reach out if you need full service bookkeeping/payroll/taxes
John McCarthy, CPA
Email: john@johnmccarthycpa.com
Phone: (513) 239-7446
Website: https://johnmccarthycpa.com/

Note: I don't receive any fees or kickbacks for referring these accountants, I just think they're awesome!